Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Mapping different controller setups in Retroarch…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vitaminbillwebb
    Participant

I’ve got the system up and running, and I’m using a USB SNES controller. I’d like to set Retroarch up so that it maps GB/GBC/NES games in such a way that the Y and B buttons function as B and A buttons, while leaving the controls as they are by default in SNES games. Can this be done? How?

herbfargus

I was just looking at this today- for GB, GBC, and NES, you’ll add your controls to the retroarch.cfg file in opt/retropie/configs/GB and opt/retropie/configs/GBC
    opt/retropie/configs/nes

This video can give you an idea of what to do:

You can also check out floobs videos as he has a lot more experience than I do
    http://youtube.com/channel/UCdSu9Y0xAyY8V77vj6mQ-0g

matt34122
    Participant

I’ve been having the same issue. I also switch the buttons on my PS3 controller for GB and NES like you do.

In both /opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg and /opt/retropie/configs/gb/retroarch.cfg I add the following lines. These two lines are the only edits I made to those files.
    input_player1_a_btn = “14”
    input_player1_b_btn = “15”

In my /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg those buttons are assigned as follows:
    input_player1_b_btn = “14”
    input_player1_a_btn = “13”

But for some reason it doesn’t pick up the new button remappings. Any ideas?
    I recently upgraded to 2.6 on a RPI2, but I never had this problem in 2.5/RPI1 B+.

matt34122
    Participant

For others with the same problem – I found a workaround – but not ideal – solution. No idea if this was introduced in 2.6 or not.

For some reason, those retroarch.cfg files in individual system’s folders don’t seem to be pulling in any additional input lines. All of the other lines seemed to be working fine.

I was able to get the secondary configs working by calling them with the –appendconfig command line switch.

You have to change the command line in order to do this. For GB it was in the es_systems.cfg file; and for NES it was in the emulators.cfg file I believe. I also had to remove the #include line at the beginning of these individual config files.

For example:
    OLD:
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 “/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/neslibretro/fceumm_libretro.so –config /opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg %ROM%”

NEW:
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 “/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/neslibretro/fceumm_libretro.so –config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig /opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg %ROM%”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.