Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Mapping buttons in MAME and piFBA

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    smoe
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve got a raspberry pi B+ running the retropie image.

I have 2 xbox 360 controllers – they are afterglow controllers, using xboxdrv, and I managed to get the LED Status working correctly so they aren’t blinking all the time.

in mame I can press tab on the keyboard and configure inputs for certain games, or for generally within mame.
    Is there a way to do this with piFBA?

Ideally i’d like to do the following in both:
    * reconfigure button layout based on game
    The following standard across both piFBA and MAME:
    * menu command configured to a gamepad button
    * exit game command configured to a button
    * insert coin configured to a button (piFBA already has this as START button)
    * start configured to a button (piFBA already has this as START button)

I’ve been digging around and can’t find any real straightforward answers on
    how to do this in piFBA (doing it in mame is easy, seeing as I can configure on the fly)

Essentially, I’d like to be able to avoid the keyboard unless absolutely necessary after the above config is set up first time

Floob

PiFBA should quit if you use Select and Start together:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pifba/files/

smoe
    Participant

yep, start and select work to exit the game in piFBA.

any ideas on how to map the buttons in piFBA? I’d like to set it so that for example Street Fighter 2 has light and heavy attacks on the A,B,X,Y buttons, and the medium attacks on the left and right shoulder buttons. But for Metal Slug, I’d like to have all of the buttons on A,B and Y

Floob

I dont think that you can have per game controls in FBA – saying that I havent really looked yet, I’ll check it out soon.
    I guess you could pass a separate config file for each game, I’ll give it a go.

smoe
    Participant

are you able to edit the FBA config via a context menu in game like in Mame?

Floob

[quote=88974]are you able to edit the FBA config via a context menu in game like in Mame?[/quote]

Not as far as I know, its all in the config file. I think other versions of FBA have a GUI menu, but not the Pi version.

phoenix
    Participant

My problem is that when using Mame4all-Pi, I can hit TAB to bring up the menu, but then nothing will input.

I’m using wireless xbox controllers, and for many games, I can’t insert coins, but some games work just fine using iMAME4ALL-lr.

Does the xboxdrv interfere with the USB keyboard?

edit: I solved the coin issue by using the suggestion in the Retropie Wiki FBA section (moving the exit/hotkey button). I still cannot input after hitting TAB when using MAME4ALL-PI.

dccelly
    Participant

For FBA I used this tutorial for my controls (using xbox 360 controllers). Works brilliant.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.