Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project mame4all problems after retropie 3.0 update

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kmhamel
    Participant

After a full binary update to retropie 3.0 I find that mame4all can’t find the roms. All two thousand plus roms show up under mame in emulatonstation and these same roms were good under 2.6. They are all in the rom directory mame-mame4all.

Now if I run mame and pick mame-libertro the roms run. If I turn around and run the same rom using mame4all it says all the files are missing.

If I go direct to the emulators and run mame under mame4all, mame4all starts and than says it can’t find any roms.

I checked the mame.cfg and the rom file is being pointed to mame-mame4all. everything is as it is supposed to be.

any help out there?

kmhamel
    Participant

Well after working on this for the last couple of days and not finding a solution, I decided to bite the bullet and give up on the full binary upgrade and just use the new 3.0 image.

Loaded it up in berryboot and vola my mame roms work again using mame4all.

Man it’s just going to be a pain to load all the psx roms.

Hopefully the next upgrade goes smoother. :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.