Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I just installed Mame4all using the RetroPie-Setup script from source and it does not play any games. Upon attempting to load a game from emulation station, I am given the error:
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/recommended/runcommand.sh: line 293: _SYS_: command not found.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance guys,
    Jeff

Anonymous
    Inactive

Never mind, I sorted it. Changed the _SYS to the game file ( /opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all/mame ) and everything is as good as new :)

Hope this helps anybody else in the future with a similar error

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The fix is to do a full binary install. Due to large changes in retropie-setup the way stuff is launched has changed and installing an individual emulator from source will not suffice I’m afraid. BTW there is no need to install mame4all from source – the binary is up to date and there is little development to this code.

Although hacking the es_systems.cfg may fix it, you will likely run into further problems – the _SYS_ is used by the new runcommand launcher.

BTW I assume you manually typed the error above – there is no recommended.sh – it is called runcommand

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for pointing this out. I am fairly new to using RetroPie (installed all PCSX_rearmed from a binary before) and so I’m not really used to the way everything works. I may reinstall Mame4all this way instead as a precaution to avoid errors in the future.

And thanks for pointing out the typo! I have edited it accordingly now

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.