Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project MAME says files missing but they are in the .zip

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    senoird
    Participant

I have downloaded a rom set (0.106) that every game I try to start it tells me a list of files are missing. After opening the game zip I see the files in the zip that it says is missing. I am running the roms from a USB stick not the SDcard. Anyone have a clue as to what is going on here? This whole MAME and rom revision thing has been a headache. I thought the worst part of project was gonna be the woodworking lol. Thanks in advance.

herbfargus

Either you’re using the wrong romset, missing bios or using the wrong emulator: advancemame uses .106 mame4all and mame-libretro use .037b5
    See this post on how to rebuild romsets from newer romsets:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

Floob has many posts throughout the forum explaining mame including videos.

senoird
    Participant

Well Ive rebuilt the bulk of the set using clrmamepro off the advmame dat. They run flawless on my computer running advmame 102 (same as retropie runs i believe). I copy them over to a usb stick ,put it in the pi and mount it. They show up in the gamelist under mame in emulationstation but when launched I get the missing files again. The files it says are missing are in the zipped rom. Just to experiment Im going to get a 64 gb cd card and put retropie and the roms on the card from the usb stick. Until then any other suggestions?

senoird
    Participant

Just found this:

Solution MAME Missing files

I will have to check if BOTH files are pointing to the correct path. One question though. If I am using advmame rather than mame4all I would change the path in it rather than :

/opt/retropie/emulators/mame4all/mame.cfg ,,which would be for running mame4all

eg:

/opt/retropie/emulators/advmame/mame.cfg ,,assuming that is the correct path to the advmame executable

Floob

If you are using advmame on a Pi2 with RetroPie 3, the config file is here:

/opt/retropie/configs/mame-advmame/advmame-1.2.rc

In that file, the rom path is set here:
    dir_rom /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/mame-advmame

You can always change that path if you want.

senoird
    Participant

Floob thank you very much.That fixed the problem :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.