Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello !
    all is in the title why a lot of NEO Geo and MAME Roms doesn’t Work ?

Thank you everybody !

francesconuma
    Participant

Maybe using a wrong romset. Supported is 0.37b5.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i use 0.37b5 for my game ( mortal kombat 4/2, SF3etc….)
    i have ‘error game “…” not supported’

francesconuma
    Participant

Mame4all or advancemame?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Make sure mame.cfg points to the right location for roms

Anonymous
    Inactive

mame4all i think …
    how we can check this ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

it’s mame4all-pi and the rompath is OK but it’s not solved :/

Anonymous
    Inactive

any answer ? :$

francesconuma
    Participant

Are the roms in zip format (maybe the problem is .7z)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes zip file :)

francesconuma
    Participant

and none is working? The error is?
    If you launch mame from mame4all-pi directory, does they work?

Anonymous
    Inactive

when i launch retropie i arrived on emulation sation i go on MAME and i choose my game but all game don’t work.

the error is : error required files are missing the game cannot be run.
    i have no error it’s black screen and after it’s the terminal with command line and after i return on emulationstation
    exactly in the terminak is :

[terminal]
    performance
    Powering on HDMI with explicit settings (CEA mode 4)
    Powering on HDMI with preferred settings
    ondemand
    [/terminal]

when i launch mame from directory i have “ERROR : No avaible Game found “

smatticus
    Participant

i don’t get that error but i will occasionally get an error where i get a list of .bin files and it says those files are missing and that it can’t load the rom. For example, the original tmnt was giving me that error but once i transferred several other versions of the same rom (i.e. the japanese and US sets in addition to the main world set) it will work. any idea why that is? the downside to adding all those extra .zip files is i get the same rom listed in ES 2 or more times.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You say if i want play mame game i must try with all version of the game( US, EU, JAP…) and after try with the all version it’s work right ?

My exact error is “required files are missing the game cannot be run”

smatticus
    Participant

i don’t have that error, but i have an error where mame tells me i’m missing certain .bin files and the rom will not work. TMNT is a good example of this. When i check the .zip, it shows the exact files that mame said a re missing. However, when i put other romsets for the same rom in the roms folder, the game plays fine. does anyone know why this happens? i’m happy the game works, but the downside is i now have 4 listings for the same game in ES.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i dodn’t speak english very good … :/
    what did you say by “However, when i put other romsets for the same rom in the roms folder” ? :/

smatticus
    Participant

When I got a copy of TMNT, I put the .zip in the /roms/mame folder. But it didn’t work. But I also had tmntj.zip and tmntu.zip as well as the main TMNT.zip. so with the TMNT.zip alone I get the “missing files” error. But when I put those other .zip files in that folder, the ROM will load fine

Anonymous
    Inactive

Because i have try tu put all files present in 3 different .zip files in the same .zip file but it didn’t work

francesconuma
    Participant

There is a function on clearmame to merge parent and clones in the same rom. Maybe this should help. Some game also needs samples inside mame sample folder.. I rebuild my romset with cleatmame using the .dat file present inside mame4allpi folde

jakko36
    Participant

Did you put the BIOS files in the same folder as your roms are? it sounds like a bios problem to me. search the net and be sure you have the right bios files set in the same folder as your roms.

Anonymous
    Inactive

haaaa I’ll try with the clearmame.dat and after i will try with the bios and i put the bios in the rom folder and in the mame folder ?
    So i have put a bios file found on this forum : http://www.emuline.org/files/file/67-mame-bios-pack-0152/.
    I have put the big .ZIP but it don’t work so i have put the all of little .ZIP but same result ….
    (the game is mortal kombat 2 ( mk2))

Anonymous
    Inactive

i don’t understand sorry … what i must do with clrmame.dat if i must put some lines inside i dond’t know what i must put…

[EDIT]i have search on the clrmame.dat but for the gale mk2 all files required are presnt…

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have try everything …

smatticus
    Participant

francesconuma i don’t understand how to use the clrmame.dat, could you post instructions on that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

me too …

francesconuma
    Participant

You need to download clearmame pro and process your romset via the dat file inside mame4all-pi. Instruction s on clearmame site…

plasmah77
    Participant

I just installed Libreto+Emulation station on Linux LXLE (Based on Ubuntu 14.04). I installed latest SDLMame 14.04 Trusty and had same problems. When loading Mame roms it complained that files where missing.

Here’s what I did to fix it.

I installed latest Mame bios pack. (Google it)
    I added the Mame rom path to the Emulation station config file
    I added the mame rom path to the Mame config file

And that did it.

For some reason Mame wants the rom path in both config files.

Hope that helps

One more thing:

It’s possible that the Mame Bios pack you use may also cause mame to complain about missing files so try different bios packs as well.

skidguru
    Participant

i just found out that if you put your roms on usb storage, they will show up but not work, but if you have them on your SD card my roms work brilliantly.

This is of course after i have run the roms through the clrmamepro with the correct datfile which can be found in the mame directory

So i don’t even bothered with finding what more config files to edit to get it to work through usb so i just bought a 32 gig sd card(as clarification: i had it on usb permanent in other words i edit the es config file so it wont copy it from usb to sd card but actually run it from the usb stick)

hugs

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.