Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I think I may have improperly setup my general controls in MAME. When I launch a MAME game I can no longer bring up the controls menu (by pressing tab on keyboard). For a while I could do it by pressing the up arrow… anyway I think I may have set my controls up such that I disabled access to the controls menu, so now I can’t setup my controller (logitech 310) in any of my games except the one (1941) that’s it’s already working for.

Is there a way to delete or reset the controls?

So far I haven’t been digging into any text files to add lines of code etc., just working with the onscreen menus within emulation station and for setting up retropie.

Pi 2
    Retropie 3.0 beta from image

thanks!
    Matt

Floob

Which folder are your mame roms in? (and do you know which emulator you are running?)

Folders are:
    mame-advmame
    mame-mame4all
    fba
    neogeo

If you’re using the standard mame4all check this directory for a default cfg file
    /opt/retropie/configs/mame-mame4all/cfg/

meintime
    Participant

Hi,

Roms are in

mame-mame4all

When I remote access the Pi from my Mac I get option to view three different folders:
    Bios
    Config
    Roms

In the same-mame4all Config folder I see
    emulators.cfg
    mame.cfg
    retroarch.cfg

and a folder labeled “cfg” inside of which are “.cfg” files for each of the games I have in the corresponding Roms folder.

I can open these files in Textedit on the mac, but the only one that seems sensible so far is the mame.cfg file, see screenshot attached.

thanks, Matt

meintime
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry, meant to add

So is this where I would “reset” my keyboard config?

thanks,
    Matt

Floob

Where you say this:
    “and a folder labeled “cfg” inside of which are “.cfg” files for each of the games I have in the corresponding Roms folder.”

look for a default.cfg and delete it.

You can SSH in if your finder session doesnt let you:
    https://www.siteground.com/kb/how_to_log_in_to_an_account_via_ssh_in_mac_os/

meintime
    Participant

Floob,

That file was there, I deleted it and now all is well. I can access the controls in each game and get my logitech controller set up.

Many thanks,

Matt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.