Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bugman2112
    Participant

Greetings.
    I have a couple questions regarding two versions of MAME installed.

1) Mame4all-pi: There is a noticeable sound lag that gets worse as a game progresses. After awhile, you can paus the game “P”, and the sound catches up. But it then de-syncs over time. I have tried multiple packages and installs, and the same problem occurs. I have found reference to others having this issue, but no solution. Any ideas?

2) iMame4all via Retroarch: I found the retroarch.cfg file and have successfully modified settings as needed. Can insert coin, start one player, and play games. What I have not been able todo is access any kind of Mame menu to re-assign Mame specifc keys (like sound level, config menu, etc). Do those exist on the retroarch version of iMame? I found the regular iMame wiki which suggests that pressing keys at the same time activate such items as the Mame menu. But I have not been able to get any of that to happen. Any thoughts?
    Thanks for any help!!

bugman2112
    Participant

I seemed to have solved my issue #1 after much time of experimenting. I eliminated the “Sound lag” by setting the sample rate in the mame.cfg file to 40000. Not sure why this worked, but it did. No more sound lag! I am overclocked at 1000mhzt so I do not know yet if you would have to adjust this based on your own system parameters. NOTE: I am not saying that running overclocked causes this, as I had the issue at regular CPU speed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.