Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tiagonetopt
    Participant

Hello.

I need some help with MAME emulation.

Which Emulator should I use or runs better? (mame4all,advmame…)

I have some roms and when I run clrmamepro using the info in github, I always get errors. Why is that?

I’m doing something wrong because I have the same roms on 0.37b5 Compatibility List and only 2 or 3 work.

Should I Split set or merge Set?

nosedeath
    Participant

In my experiabnce. Mame4All works awesome. Easy to customize the buttons and 99% of the games worked. Now…Mame4All will not run a trackball I’ve been looking and looking for an answer. I want my trackbll to run for Centipede, Millipede, Tempest, Missile Command…games like that. Also I’m a Mortal Kombat fan, MK2 & MK3 won’t run either. I chose different emulators for Mortal Komabt, I went with lr-Mame4All. Works great. Only now I’m having a problem trying to configure the buttons. For my trackball games I use AdvMame but only Millipede works.

frustrating as all hell.

dankcushions
    Participant

mame4all-pi is apparently the fastest, but if you have a pi2 i reckon you should use lr-mame2003 because:
    – it’s libretro/retroarch, so uses all the shaders, auto configuration, etc
    – it’s mame 0.78, so runs just about everything that the pi2 can run. mame4all has a fairly small set of games.

0.37b5 is for the mame4all emulators, so it depends on what one you’re running.

merged: if two roms share a common file it only includes it once. now the roms depend on one another so you need them all
    split: each rom zip has all the files it needs

i’ve always used merged sets, but also i use the dat files from https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs so I don’t have any clones, so it’s basically all split files anyway.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.