Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So I am trying to build a table that will play arcade roms – specifically Galaga. I have never worked with the pi or done any programming.

I have everything up and running, can play games loaded in atari2600 emulator. But no ROMs that I have tried for Galaga will work. I am transferring them via SSH to the “mame” folder in “roms” (both as zip and unzipped), and they display as options to choose from, but none will load. I am not sure if this is because it is trying to run on advMAME instead of mame4all-pi. I see that there is a mame4all-pi available in the “emulators” directory, and I can run the application, but it says it has no available roms. I don’t know where it is looking for those files as there is no “mame4all-pi” folder under the roms directory, nor is there a “roms” folder in the “mame4all-pi” folder in the emulators directory. Very confused and would appreciate any help!

kitchuk
    Participant

For mame4all you specifically need a 0.37b5 Romset.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tried .37b5 roms and rom sets zipped and unzipped. I think that the issue is not knowing where the emulator is looking for its data. The default mame emulator (I think advMAME) is not reading any of the roms, and the “rom” folder for mame4all-pi is nowhere to be found. I have looked both in the home>pi>RetroPie>roms directories, as well as the home>pi>RetroPie>emulators>mame4all-pi directory. There is no “rom” folder or “mame4all-pi” sub-folder in “roms”.

I never installed the emulator – I am just using the current version of RetroPie which has mame4all-pi on it. When I run the .exe from the GUI it runs but tells me there are no roms.

I don’t know if reinstalling the emulator would re-create the source path if it is missing, but I don’t know how I would go about re-installing as it is no longer available in the pi store and I’m a complete noob. I’ve downloaded it from the source site and transferred it to my pi, but don’t know where to go from there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.