Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi
    I have a PI B version with 512 BM ram.
    With a cooling system based on a fan and radiator on ram and cpu i have overcloked it to 1200 MHz.
    In the past when i was using retropi v2 image and running mame-libretro . I was running mortal kombat 2 normali and the sound was ok but with the new retropi v3 image the game is very slow and sound is crappy.

dankcushions
    Participant

it depends on what emulator that you were using before. i think it was mame4all-pi by default in older versions, which can be selected via https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/runcommand.

the mk series (and most 90s midway games) run pretty bad on any emulator but MK1 can be just about fine on the right emulator.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Forget to mention all MK work bad, i tryed mk1, mk2 mk3
    run very slow

epe9686518
    Participant

Your issue is Mame not anything else…. MKs run bad/unplayable on all Mames other than the first one. MK 1 runs pretty much perfectly, at least on a Pi 2, on Mame4All. The rest are simply not playable. This is solely due to how Mame emulates games. Mame trys to emulate the hardware, perfectly, as it actually ran in the arcades, not to emulate it as fast as possible or as efficiently as possible. Because of it’s focus on accuracy, the hardware requirements to run games on Mame tend to be a lot higher than other emulators that support the same games.

My suggestion if you want to play the MK series, is to simply download them on another system. The SNES port of MK 2 IMO is actually better than the arcade as the AI is much more fair unlike the Arcade version which was programmed to cheat to make the arcades more money. You also have good ports on PSX of MK 3 and even SNES again. Hope that helps…

prican25
    Participant

Best suggestion for MK 2-U3, use the MAME 2003 core as it has the speed hacks that was used before being removed. Not exactly perfect in sound but definitely playable with sound and the same will apply for some other Midway games like NBA Jam and Wrestlemania. Mame4all has the same sound hack but seems to act worse with those games.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any idea where can i find mk roms for FBA? this emulator works perfect

herbfargus
    epe9686518
    Participant

FBA in Pi does not support any of the MK games…

Anonymous
    Inactive

are there any other games i should expect to work slow beside mk series?

dankcushions
    Participant

– other 90s midway games like nba jam and open ice seem to struggle.
    – anything with Sprite scaling (not sure if that is the right word) like after burner, g-loc, etc.
    – anything 3D

other than that most arcade games are p much perfect for me using mame2003

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.