Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project MAME and PSX roms help( i have them already)

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thedigi321
    Participant

I have some PSX .bin roms(no .cues), a mame rom in a .zip, and like 5 .nes games both in zip and non-zip from undisclosed locations. The problem I am having is that they are not being added form my usb to my sd. Am I missing something? I got Game Boy Advance and Game Boy to work along with Final Burn Alpha and quake 3 but I can’t choose the games it adds/I can’t tell it to add such and such game to such and such library, I don’t know how to add them to raspberry automatically like it did for the GameBoy and GameBoy Advance

sorry for being so vague cant tell where the line is on what i can disclose talking about roms

herbfargus

Where you got your ROMs is your prerogative – links just can’t be posted here to preserve the integrity of the retropie project. The issue you are having is most likely with the rom transfer rather than the ROMs. If you are using retropie 3.0 you’ll first need to create a folder on your USB drive called retropie plug it into your pi, wait til it finishes blinking and then pull it back out, place your ROMs in their respective folders that were created, and then plug it back into your pi, wait for it to finish blinking then reboot your pi or restart emulationstation. If that isn’t working you can try re-enabling the usbromservice from the setup script and then try again. See here for methods on transferring ROMs: https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/How-to-get-ROMs-on-the-SD-card the wiki also shows which file types are accepted for each emulator.

If you have your ROMs transferred and they show up in emulationstation and still aren’t working either you’re lacking a bios or have a bad source of ROMs.

thedigi321
    Participant

the roms work on my pc but where do i put the bios that might be the issue

thedigi321
    Participant

i understand the legal issue i found where to put the bios thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.