Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve always had problems setting up MAME ever since 2.6 so never really got it sorted, and now I’m on 3.1 I thought I’d give it another go.

So, following a video guide on YouTube, I loaded up a game and pressed TAB to bring up the in game menu, scrolled to the bit about menu controls and royally messed it up.

Pressing ENTER quits out of the game, UP brings up the profiler(?) and God knows what else I’ve done.

How can I reset the controls? I’ve reinstalled from both binary and source and nothing works.

Where am I going wrong?

dankcushions
    Participant

you might find it easier to switch your default emulator (press X when a game is loading) to lr-mame4all (rather than mame4all-pi), which uses the same romset, but is a retroarch emulator, so it uses the global controller setup.

failing that, i think if you have a look in /opt/retropie/configs/mame OR /opt/retropie/emulators/mame you should be able to find mame.cfg, which has all your mame4all-pi control options. you can either manually edit this, or if you delete it i think it recreates itself? backup first! :)

Crumb
    Participant

Deleting the config files didn’t work so I just switched to the other emulator which works great.

Thanks for the help.

Floob

@Crumb
    Assuming you are talking about mame4all, in RetroPie 3.1 the file to remove is
    /opt/retropie/configs/mame-mame4all/cfg/default.cfg

jordimayor
    Participant

Emulation with lr-mame has issues with certain games, and it’s not an option for me <I’ll wait to final version>, then I’m using the mame-mame4all. But, is there anybody with the DPAD for XBOX360 controller configured?? My DPAD cannot be assigned into the MAME settings for any player.

Another question that makes me crazy is adding second controller to my games controlled by retroarch…. Is anybody capable of configure them with the new retropie 3.1???

Thank you very much!!! :)

jordimayor
    Participant

Emulation with lr-mame has issues with certain games, and it’s not an option for me <I’ll wait to final version>, then I’m using the mame-mame4all. But, is there anybody with the DPAD for XBOX360 controller configured?? My DPAD cannot be assigned into the MAME settings for any player.

Another question that makes me crazy is adding second controller to my games controlled by retroarch…. Is anybody able to configure them with the new retropie 3.1???

Thank you very much!!! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.