Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Make a SMB link to backup what I have Scrapped for my roms.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    claw22000
    Participant

I would really like to backup all this time I have in to Scrapping. I see there are better ways to scrape but I had already started the process a long time ago and wasn’t going to start over. I would simply like to be able to access the a share where I can compress (backup) the files to be able to send them back if I ever need to reflash.

Thanks.

DrClaw

P.S if someone knows how to do this with the current image in CLI please chime in. I’m light on Linux knowledge so make it step by step if you would.

Thanks

herbfargus

They should be in configs folder in samba shares under all/emulationstation I believe.

claw22000
    Participant

[quote=116713]They should be in configs folder in samba shares under all/emulationstation I believe.

[/quote]
    Sweet thanks. Quick Question what I need to back up are both the downloaded_images directory and the gamelists correct?

I would want all the data to be added along with the images.

Thanks again

DrClaw

herbfargus

Yes downloaded images and the gamelist are what are needed. I personally prefer to keep my gamelists and images in with the roms so that way they are all in the same place when I do Backups and transfer. You just have to manually change the gamelist to relative paths to within its relative rom folder. But its really just personal preference.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.