Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    idblfanatic
    Participant

I downloaded and got all of my ROMS installed, the games that I most wanted were Donkey Kong, and DK 2, everything was sorking, I started the scraping for the images, and now DK1 and 2 are missing. I copied them back over to the mame folder but they are still gone, any ideas?

Thanks

idblfanatic
    Participant

Anyone have any ideas?

wizard
    Participant

I’m going to take a stab and say they were improperly tagged in your collection. I had a jakey looking nes collection with a few hacked roms that got named to weird things. I “lost” some of those games, but found them under wrong names and boxart images that simply didn’t match the rom. Such is the nature of fuzzy logic.

You can go through your haystack until you find your needle, or you can get into the GoodTools programs (allgoodthings.us) and get your roms properly named to conventional standards, then rescrape your collection. It’s a long and tedious process depending on how many roms you have to manage. Don’t feel alone in that, though. I’m still not done cleaning mine up, lol.

Good luck, let us know if that’s the issue.

redhalo
    Participant

Are these mame roms? If so, what are their file names? If not, take wizards advice, or you could also try this as it should make a game list from the hash of the file rather than the name.

idblfanatic
    Participant

dkong.zip, dkongjp.zip were the names

idblfanatic
    Participant

[quote=93981]or you can get into the GoodTools programs (allgoodthings.us) and get your roms properly named to conventional standards, then rescrape your collection.
    [/quote]

What is this exactly? I went to allgoodthings.us and it just gave me an error “404. That’s an error.

The requested URL / was not found on this server. That’s all we know. “

idblfanatic
    Participant

So, I removed the DKONG.zip, DKONGJP.zip, rebooted, added them back, rebooted, and they are still not showing up………Man that is the ONE game that I want on there.

idblfanatic
    Participant

[quote=94025]Are these mame roms? If so, what are their file names? If not, take wizards advice, or you could also try this as it should make a game list from the hash of the file rather than the name.[/quote]

Thank you!! This appears to be it, I started from scratch, and used a different scraper, and then manually created the gamelist.xml file,, and all is good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.