Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have RetroPie setup, got a Logitech F310 controller for $20 today. I set it to Xinput and installed the Xbox drivers (and set it up in RetroArch). Emulation Station saw the device immediately and mapped the buttons. In the NES and SNES emulator though it wouldn’t work. I would hit random buttons and eventually it would start working. After an hour of doing this I found out that nothing would work on the game bad unless I held in the LT and RT triggers for a second of two. After that, works like a charm, until I need to do it again the next game. After I figured that out I tested it in a ton of games, waited time on the start screens to make sure it wasn’t some kind of timeout. It’s that key combo that brings the gamepad to life.

I cannot find documentation of anyone else having this issue, I’d like to understand it while I can still return my controller if I need to. Is it common to have to hit a key combo to unlock (or start) the device (it worked a second earlier on the emulation station menu where it didn’t need to do it)?

Random, I read the jstest (awesome utility) and the two trigger buttons are ones that give 0-32000 values, not one of the buttons that gives you 0-10, etc. I don’t know if that’s pertinent.

Any thoughts from the experts? :-) I’m game to learn.

Jara
    Participant

I have the same controller and haven’t had any problems with it so far (on any popular console emulators). Didn’t install any kind of drivers either.

I can’t check now if it’s set with Direct or X input (I’m traveling tonight and it’s a the bottom of my bag).

I’ll be able to tell you tomorrow. It’s a great controller and hopefully you can solve the issue.

ericahlers
    Participant

Put this file into your /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs folder. Retroarch will auto-detect your gamepad…the problem is there is no built in F310 profile. There is, however, a Logitech 710 profile (same controller, just wireless). I basically just saved that file with a new name, and everything within Retroarch works flawlessly. When the emulator starts, you will see that it fines the Gamepad and tells you which one is connected.

Obviously, you can edit this file to change your button config around. Of note, I didn’t mess with the switch on the back of the F310. So whichever was the default is the one I used.

EDIT: BE SURE TO RENAME THE FILE TO .CFG

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much for the responses. I’m going to put your file into place and try it in an hour or two when my son is done playing with it. :-) I had a chance to compare them and our files are similar, with being different:

I’m the left file, you’re the right file (red is delete, green is added).

Difference in Configs

I’ll back mine up, throw yours in and give it a whirl. :-) Thank you again so very much. Love the RaspberryPi community. :)

Jara
    Participant

Mine’s in Xinput as well.
    For controller configuration I followed this guide (on a Pi B).
    Nothing else.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.