Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    xenon-777
    Participant

I have write a scraper helper tool and give it out to test. As close-open Beta.

http://www.augusta.de/~jojo/scrapertool.py

Sorry my englisch is to bad to give a long manual (my german to, i have no human lang skill). Read is ok but write …

!!! The Script change Rom name, delete Scraper Data and change the es_config !!! use of on Risk

here is an short Manual in German: http://www.forum-raspberrypi.de/Thread-andere-emulationstation-scraper-tool-zum-testen

I hope a little one of User can test it and give feetback. (You can try google translate, i don’t now how good it work)

sselph
    Participant

Hi xenon-777,

I read the code and will attempt an English translation:

Usage:
    scrapertool.py <command> [optional parameters]

Commands:
    clean
    Remove all scraped data. Accepts an optional parameter, which is the system to clean. ie nes, psx, etc.

rename
    Renames all files to the name from the scraped data in gamelist.xml. Then removes the scraped data. This should make searching in the future more reliable.

all
    Remove the platform information from es_systems.cfg. This will tell the scraper to search for the game title on all platforms.

org
    Rollback the changes made by the ‘all’ command.

disk
    For PSX add disk information from the file name in to the gamelist.xml This allows you to distinguish between the different disks for the same game.

xenon-777
    Participant

very very much thank you …

one little error. “disk” Change the title in the gamelist.xml, not the disk file. If it found (D1), (D2) etc. in filename it add ” – Disk 1″. ” – Disk 2″ etc. on the Title in the gamelist.xml.

but thank you very very much.

sselph
    Participant

NP, that makes more sense. I updated my original post to avoid confusion.

xenon-777
    Participant

tanks :)

oh … if i have y here … one question … did your scraper ovrride from the intern scraper found titel?

sselph
    Participant

My scraper, in the default mode, generates a completely new gamelist.xml file and uses the title given in the no-intro or redump database. If the entry was manually added, and not from one of those sources, it uses the title in thegamesdb(similar to the internal scraper). There are several flags to control the behavior.

xenon-777
    Participant

Hmmm … you now your scraper work in wrong Direction? The Scraper Data is in ~/.emulationstation . So -append can’t work.

sselph
    Participant

This scraper was designed to run inside or outside a system running emulation station so you have to provide the paths where the roms are, the images should be saved and where those will be on the target system so the gamelist is correct. I prefer having the gamelist and images all contained in the romdir because it makes copying and backing things up easy. The author of emulation station prefers having the 2 separated.

To run it on retropie and use the other paths you’d have to do something like:
    PLATFORM=nes
    scraper -rom_dir /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/$PLATFORM -image_dir /home/pi/.emulationstation/downloaded_images/$PLATFORM -image_path /home/pi/.emulationstation/downloaded_images/$PLATFORM -output_file /home/pi/.emulationstation/gamelists/$PLATFORM/gamelist.xml

xenon-777
    Participant

hmmm … if you thing thats ok so … ok

Oh … i have add that -disk make savefile-links to the Disk 1 savefile so the save are present at change von disk to disk … and /etc/emulatorstation/es_systems.cfg will not override any more. I make a coston es_systems.cfg in .emulatorstation. And the Parameter are real Parameter with “-” and der is a help output.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.