Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Latest build WICD manager gone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pattaboy
    Participant

On the latest build of Retropie when I configure the wifi it goes to a blue screen to configure the wifi. which is not bad.

On my other Raspberry Pi 2 it goes to wicd manager which handles the connecting.
    But what I like about this you can configure which wifi network is at what range and you can select if it needs to be autoconnected or not and it saves passwords from previous networks.

THIS is what I miss in the new build.

If I bring my rpi2 with me to another friend and he has a difficult password then it’s pretty much a head ache to configure it every single time.

Can someone fix this?
    This is handy for Kodi.

herbfargus

the wiki details how to reinstall it manually (method 4):

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-Up-Wifi.

it was removed because it causes cpu scaling issues.

pattaboy
    Participant

[quote=104701]the wiki details how to reinstall it manually (method 4):

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-Up-Wifi.

it was removed because it causes cpu scaling issues.

[/quote]
    hmm. true I have noticed some..

But is it possible to make this new method more updated with saving passwords of previous networks?

herbfargus

How it is coded now you can easily add multiple networks manually for your pi to remember if you’re taking it to a friend’s house with a different network:

sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

just add the following lines at the end for each new network (WPA/WPA2):

network={
        ssid="NETWORK_NAME"
        psk="NETWORK_PASSWORD"
    }

for different encryptions like WEP you can see the wiki

As far as integrating it as an option in the setup script you can open up a ticket on github

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I’m unlikely going to add support for adding multiple networks to the wifi module – for those that need that they can do as you have mentioned and edit menually, or install wicd.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Note I have adjusted the text a little bit on the wiki regarding cpu scaling.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.