Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Knowing When to Update Sources, Checking Versions, etc.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    deaftolight
    Participant

Hi,

I’m a bit of a Linux noob, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me.

I installed from the binaries last week, and thought that all the sources were updated because this version of Retropie just came out at the beginning of this month. I’ve since updated a few things from source, and got some necessary changes (i.e. after updating piSNES, I got snes9x.cfg and a bunch of other files that weren’t there. Updating Emulation Station, also changed the /etc/emulationstation/themes directory to contain a folder called simple, which now makes things a lot more clear as to how to install multiple themes.).

What I want to know is how do we know when we need to update sources? Is there a good way of doing this? How do we even check what versions we have? Some directories in /opt/retropie/emulators have versions suffixed to them, others do not.

Furthermore, how do we know when to update the RetroPie setup script and RetroPie binaries in retropie_setup.sh? I’m still a little unclear on exactly what those options do.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.