Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think (?) that the first time I used EmulationStation – before any controllers were set up – I used the keyboard to navigate the menus. (Am I misremembering this?) But now I find I’m unable to navigate around using just the keyboard: I can use the cursor up/down to tootle up and down any given menu, but can’t select any option (with return, or space, or the right arrow etc). Am I supposed to be able to? If so, is there any easy way to rectify the situation? It’s a major PITA having to use the controller every time, especially as right now my PS3 controller is very finnicky about connecting. (I have to do a dance to ensure it isn’t talking to my PS3, then unplug it, plug it back in and press the PS button once before the PI recognizes it.)

Floob

You could check this file for any oddities.
    /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg

robertybob
    Participant

I’ve been having this exact same problem for a week or two, not sure what has caused it. I thought it might be a power issue – randomly I unplugged the LAN cable from my Pi and the keyboard worked, but then the next day it stopped working again.

Let us know if you find a fix!

magnum70de
    Participant

Good to hear that I am not alone with that problem. I use a keyboard and a Logitech F710 Pad.

Already thought that I am to stupid. Last week when I started I was able to navigate with keyboard and exit games with keyboard while playing them with F710.

But now keyboard does not navigate nor let me exit the games.

I would really appriciate your help!

best regards,
    Mag

drvenkman
    Participant

I think I’ve run into this same problem. I just installed RetroPie yesterday. Upon my first run of emulationstation from the console, I get a screen asking me to configure my keyboard (Up, Down, Left, Right … etc.) At the end of this process there is an OK button I cannot seem to navigate past.

Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.