Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Alrighty, so here’s how this goes. I SSH into my Pi to edit the /opt/retropie/all/retroarch.cfg file, and I set it to what I want all my keys mapped to. The problem? It saves, but when I restart my Pi, the emulators ignore it. I’ve tried the in-game control configuration for GPSP, but it never saves, either. I’m using a standard USB keyboard, which will soon be replaced by GPIO Input, I have RetroPie 3.0, and I’m using my main game hub as a Raspberry Pi A+ but doing setup on my B+. Any help would be appreciated!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

without at least the config you are talking about I cannot advise.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Please post any configs to pastebin.com or similar and reference them.

werebox3333
    Participant

I found out the problem. GPSP is standalone, and has it’s own config file. It says it exists in /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/ but when I try to open the config file it says “file does not exist”.

herbfargus

While in the emulator press F10 and configure it from there

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Game-Boy-Advance

werebox3333
    Participant

Yeah, but my problem is that the controls don’t save. I don’t want to re-configure them every time I want to play a game, and my 8 year old couldn’t do that either.

herbfargus

I thought there was a save config option in the F10 menu. I don’t have access to my pi right now but I’ll check again once I do.

werebox3333
    Participant

As far as I saw, there isn’t. I can check again.

werebox3333
    Participant

Well, I change it, and exit gPSP, and it says “config file missing”.

herbfargus

I think you may have found a bug. I tested it and got the same results. I thought that it was supposed to save to /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/gpsp.cfg after changing controls but it didn’t seem to do anything. I shall open a ticket on github.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/957

werebox3333
    Participant

Thanks so much Herb!

herbfargus

Thank jools (aka buzz)- he’s the one who actually knows how to fix things :P

werebox3333
    Participant

Ah, yes, I’ll have to get on GitHub and thank him!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.