Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    strawberrytau
    Participant

Hi,

I’m a retropie newbie so apologies if this is a silly question.

I’m trying to set up retropie with just a keyboard and no controller. All is working well except Osmose. I find that with the default configuration my keyboard cannot control certain games (eg Alex Kidd) and there seems to be a conflict on the space key between speeding up then emulator and implementing start. I’d like to customise the keyboard settings.

According to the Internet, in standard Osmose there is a x-window configuration app, and also a text configuration file .osmose which I can edit. But I can find neither on RetroPie.

Any tips for getting Master System emulation controlled by keyboard up and running?

Thanks.

strawberrytau
    Participant

Sorry! It seems emulation station is using picodrive, not Osmose. Picodrive should be picking up Retroarch keyboard settings, shouldn’t it? Any idea why it isn’t?

Also, is there a cheat sheet for all the various keys for shader and speed changing in Retroarch anywhere?

strawberrytau
    Participant

I found the solution!

http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Using_RetroArch

picodrive is using the default Retroarch keys, (x,z, arrows) and not the key map I’d set in emulation station. Alex Kidd, Sonic etc are working fine now!

Is there a rule of thumb for which emulators pick up the settings from emulation station and which don’t?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.