Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!

I’m currently building an arcade machine and I’m using the iPac VE keyboard encoder. I’ve looked at the iPac keycode table and mapped my settings in ~/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg accordingly. Although, the buttons doesn’t seem to take effect.

My iPac is plugged in together with a regular keyboard over a powered USB-hub.
    The iPac uses keys like Left shift, left control and left alt for player one but I don’t know how to bind these to retroarch.

So far I’ve been using lshift and lalt, but it doesn’t work.

Any ideas?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

A list of possible keys that RetroAch understands is given at https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/xarcade-usb-keyboard/#post-1714. Hope that helps!

Jonathan Lundström
    Participant

Hey!

Thanks for the list, unfortunaltely I still haven’t been able to configure it to work.

My button layout for player one is the following:

1 (ctrl)      2 (alt)      3 (space)      7 (c)
    4 (shift)     5 (z)        6 (x)          8 (v)

And this is how I mapped my keys:

input_player1_a = p
    input_player1_b = enter
    input_player1_y = ctrl
    input_player1_x = alt
    input_player1_start = 1
    input_player1_select = c
    input_player1_l =
    input_player1_r =
    input_player1_left = left
    input_player1_right = right
    input_player1_up = up
    input_player1_down = down
    # input_player1_l2 =
    # input_player1_r2 =
    # input_player1_l3 =
    # input_player1_r3 =

I have no emulator-specific configurations and yet all emulators seem to take different button sets automatically. It’s just as if the config file is never being read. Do note that I have a regular keyboard plugged in as well.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan Lundström
    Participant

I figured it out. I had assigned A as “p” and B as “enter” which was the same as the iPac 1P A/B ports were emulating causing a conflict. A and B in retroarch doesn’t translate into 1P A/B on the iPac and should not be mapped.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.