Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project [Resolved] iPac VE – Key mapping problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Lundström
    Participant

Hello!

I’m currently building an arcade machine and I’m using the iPac VE keyboard encoder. I’ve looked at the iPac keycode table and mapped my settings in ~/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg accordingly. Although, the buttons doesn’t seem to take effect.

My iPac is plugged in together with a regular keyboard over a powered USB-hub.
    The iPac uses keys like Left shift, left control and left alt for player one but I don’t know how to bind these to retroarch.

So far I’ve been using lshift and lalt, but it doesn’t work.

Any ideas?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

A list of possible keys that RetroAch understands is given at https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/xarcade-usb-keyboard/#post-1714. Hope that helps!

Jonathan Lundström
    Participant

Hey!

Thanks for the list, unfortunaltely I still haven’t been able to configure it to work.

My button layout for player one is the following:

1 (ctrl)      2 (alt)      3 (space)      7 (c)
    4 (shift)     5 (z)        6 (x)          8 (v)

And this is how I mapped my keys:

input_player1_a = p
    input_player1_b = enter
    input_player1_y = ctrl
    input_player1_x = alt
    input_player1_start = 1
    input_player1_select = c
    input_player1_l =
    input_player1_r =
    input_player1_left = left
    input_player1_right = right
    input_player1_up = up
    input_player1_down = down
    # input_player1_l2 =
    # input_player1_r2 =
    # input_player1_l3 =
    # input_player1_r3 =

I have no emulator-specific configurations and yet all emulators seem to take different button sets automatically. It’s just as if the config file is never being read. Do note that I have a regular keyboard plugged in as well.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan Lundström
    Participant

I figured it out. I had assigned A as “p” and B as “enter” which was the same as the iPac 1P A/B ports were emulating causing a conflict. A and B in retroarch doesn’t translate into 1P A/B on the iPac and should not be mapped.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.