Homepage Forums RetroPie Project GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc. Keeps asking for my nes pad inputs on every start up ;(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    drgonzo247
    Participant

Hi,

Using a Pi2 with the controlblock adapter.. Everything runs sweet apart from two things.

1. On the starting up of retropie it asks for my nes pad inputs every time? I have these wired directly to the control block.

2.Once i’ve entered the nes pad inputs I go through to playing a nes game which works fine since i’ve set up the retroarch.cfg file for it. When I exit the game using the hotkey select and start it renders the pad dead. The pad doesnt work anymore and the controlblock seems to die since I cant even turn it off with the toggle switch?

This is really annoying ;(

If anyone has any ideas I would seriously appreciate it

drgonzo247
    Participant

Looks like its my controlblock adapter.. When I exit a game with the Nes pad it stops working! If I plug a Sega USB pad in after I can use it!

Looks like the controlblock is crashing on me! ;(

petrockblog
    Keymaster

First time, I am facing this problem. Could you describe your setup a little bit more? Just trying to get an idea for the cause of this error …

If you have the possibility you could provide an image of your RetroPie sd card (e.g., at Google drive or Dropbox) and I could have a detailed look at it myself.

drgonzo247
    Participant

Basically using a Pi2, controlblock and real Nes pads.. Never had a problem in the past when using USB pads so know its definitly the controlblock adapter!

When I use my setup without it and a Sega USB pad it works fine. Can exit games and I only input the controller settings once.

When I use the controlblock setup with a real Nes pad it works fine till I exit a game on the Nes emulator then the pad is no longer working! Plus with the Nes pad every time I boot retropie 3 asks me to re-enter the controller inputs?

Where is the config file to where the start up inputs are found?

Thanks for any help ;)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

If you are running RetroPie version 3 Beta 4, I would suggest to update the RetroPie setup script and do a full binaries (re-)installation with the RetroPie-Setup Script. I know that there are some issues in that beta version.

Alternatively, you could provide me the SD-card image and I would directly take a look at that.

drgonzo247
    Participant

Hi.. If you could look at the image for me that would be great ;)

Will put the image up on drop box later today! Thanks

drgonzo247
    Participant

Reverted back to retropie 2.6 and it works fine so it was retropie 3 beta 3 the whole time.. Will try beta 4 tomorrow night!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc.’ is closed to new topics and replies.