Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie JUYAO Dual Arcade controller not detected at all :( help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    helpman
    Participant

Hi!
    Today I wired my JUYAO Dual Arcade Controller and connected it to one of the usb ports of my raspberry pi 2 with retropie installed… emulationstation launched and… no gamepads detected, hold a button blablabla… but nothing.
    Tested it under windows and it’s ok.

so, after searching for a while, I found this:

[quote]I finally got this working with RPi by creating a file /etc/udev/rules.d/00-arcadejs.rules containing:
    ATTRS{name}==”Arcade Controller JUYAO Dual Arcade”,ACTION==”add”,ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET}=”0″,ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}:=”1″[/quote]

and then this, as people said it only recognised 1 player.

[quote]Just needed to change the usb device ID’s

Add the following to the end of /boot/cmdline.txt

usbhid.quirks=0x0314:0x0326:0x040[/quote]

I did both, restarted the raspberry… and nothing. still dead.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated :(

EDITED: just tried LSUSB and vendor/id appears as “0314 0328” with no name after all, just blank…

EDITED 2: changed the usbhid.quirks to 0314 0328 and now it recognises 2 gamepads.
    Tried setting controls on mame, and player 1 side works great. Player 2 won’t recognise buttons 2,3,4,6,7 :? any idea?

EDITED 3: checked wiring, and the ground daisy cable seems to have a bad connection so from that faston on, nothing worked… Now everything works fine…

sid723
    Participant

Helpman,
    I was in the same boat and now both controllers are working now.
    My issue is that I want to play 2 player games like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat that have 3 kick and 3 punch buttons and joystick for each player.
    When I set up the buttons I can only get 2 kick and 2 punch buttons to work.
    Do you know how I can configure the buttons to have 3 kick and punch buttons per player working?

Appreciate any help you can give.
    Thanks.

Sid723

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.