Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie JUYAO controller – not correctly recognized by Raspberry Pi?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fizz
    Participant

Hi there.

I’m new to this forum, so I start by saying hi! I hope someone can help me, because I’m stuck.

Pi Model: B rev 2
    RetroPie Version Used: 2.6.0
    Devices connected: Arcade controller + USB keyboard
    Controller used: JUYAO
    Error messages received: No error message, but only one controller is recognized.
    Guide used: Did not find any guides on this particular problem
    File: No
    Attachment of config files: Tell me if you need anything in particular
    How to replicate the problem: ??

I have bought a JUYAO arcade controller for connection of 2 arcade joysticks + buttons to the Raspberry Pi. However, the raspberry does not seem to recognize the control board.

I have done the following:
    I have created a file /etc/udev/rules.d/00-arcadejs.rules
    Where I’ve put the following:
    ATTRS{name}=="Arcade Controller JUYAO Dual Arcade",ACTION=="add",ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET}="0",ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}:="1"

In this way the Raspberry is recognizing one of the two controllers at least, and I can get it to work with the RetroPi. But only one controller, not two.

I cannot manage to configure the second controller.

If I plug the controller into my computer (Win) it sees two joysticks and double sets of buttons, so I think the connections are correct.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Is there anything I can change in the 00-arcadejs.rules file in order to add another controller?

Thanks in advance

helpman
    Participant

Hi!
    I also bought a juyao controller. It’s still on its way so I couldn’t test this, but what I’ve found is you need to add a rule file (as you already did)

cd /etc/udev/rules.d/
    sudo nano 00-arcadejs.rules
    This will create a file called 00-arcadejs.rules in the correct directory
    In the window that comes up (nano file editor) enter:
    ATTRS{name}==”Arcade Controller JUYAO Dual Arcade”,ACTION==”add”,ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET}=”0″,ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}:=”1″

Press CTRL + X and save the file when asked.

… AND…
    Edit the file
    Boot/cmdline.Txt
    And add this at the bottom
    usbhid.quirks=0x0314:0x0326:0x040
    Then reboot the raspberry

Hope this works! Soon I’ll have to do it too :)

Dinofly
    Participant

Hi,

I can’t get my device to work. I tried adding the udev rule and the cmdline.txt usb quirk but nothing changed.
    I wonder, what is the string that should be used in the udev rule to identify the device ? My device does not seem to have the same name than the one i see on different topics when searching Google.
    For example, its name in “lsusb” is… empty:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 413c:1010 Dell Computer Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0314:0328
    Bus 001 Device 007: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 413c:2110 Dell Computer Corp.

Here is the full output of “lsusb -v”: http://pastebin.com/54jvby3W
    Notice this:

iManufacturer           1 D_R_M
    iProduct                2 JUYAO Dual Arcade

I’ll try with the following udev rule to match with the name of my device:
    ATTRS{name}=="JUYAO Dual Arcade",ACTION=="add",ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET}="0",ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}:="1"

Edit: still no luck with this one :(
    Any idea ?

Dinofly
    Participant

OK problem solved.
    The udev configuration should use the name that “evtest” outputs. evtest is not installed by default, so i just apt-get install evtest to get it.

I fixed the rule like this:
    ATTRS{name}=="D_R_M JUYAO Dual Arcade",ACTION=="add",MODE="0666",ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET}="0",ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

And i added a “usbquirks” item to the /boot/cmdline.txt file (at the end of the existing line, not on a new line!) :
    usbhid.quirks=0x314:0x326:0x040

sid723
    Participant

I bought a similar usb dual arcade device on ebay. I thkught it was the Xin-Mo type, but when I hooked it up to the RasPi, it said the type was ‘JUYAO_2_PLAYER_ARCADE’ type. Mine has 22 pins on both sides of the board for each of the 2 players. My issue is that I want to play Mortal Kombat or Street fighter, but I can only get 2 kick and 2 punch buttons to work along with the joysticks. Those games should have 3 punck and kick buttons. Does anyone know how I can change the config to make all 3 kick and punch buttons to work?
    Appreciate any advice.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.