Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all… I’ve been messing about with RetroPie for most of the day, I’ve got some things working but not other and I’m not too sure why…

I’m finding that though there’s a fair bit of info out there I’m not too sure whether it relates to the current version etc…

So questions –

Am I meant to upgrade using the 16 hour binary install?

I’m on about when one runs the script at ~/retropie_setup.sh and gets the blue menu… The top option is

Binaries-based INSTALLATION

the second is

Sourced-based

I’m not sure what these are referring to..? I mean, I’ve already installed it, haven’t I? Or not?

The retropie_packages.sh script – that’s to install the items listed within it? Is the other one ( ~/retropie_setup.sh ) meant to be run first?

How to I show you lot what version I’m currently running?

I’ve been able to get somethings working for the SNES emulator, I’ve just dropped the rom files into

/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes

And they’ve worked alright…. I can’t seem to use amiga though, or mame, I’m not sure why this is or if things work differently etc…

Also I want to connect the PS3 controller to it by USB Bluetooth, bought one about 30 minutes ago and I’m pretty sure its not compatible…. any of you lot using one that works? What is it?

Any help appreciated, cheers all!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.