Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

So I’m almost finished with my project, but there are a few bugs/things I wish to fix/change:

1) The second controller’s start/select buttons will not work in games, but will work on the emulator menu. The code is identical to the first controllers (except for the player number changed)

2) The sound seems a bit distorted in my NES roms. I’m not sure if theres something I need to change when I put in the code to force the audio through HDMI, but its just not sounding perfect.

3) Is there anyway to remove the code that runs when booting and exiting a game? Even if it just means it will show a black screen while the code runs in the background?

4) Is there anyway to remove the text at the bottom of the screen when a rom boots up that tells you that the controller has been detected?

5) I dont have my raspberry connected with wifi (just using ethernet) but i found that if I dont have it connected to the internet, its not updating the date. Its saying i played a game 40 min ago, when it was really 4 days ago. Is there any way to add an internal clock so it doesnt have to be connected to the internet?

6) I bought the mauseberry ciruit to connect my NES power and reset button to, and have figured out how to do that. The only thing im not sure is how to do the LED. seems like most people have to solder on new wires for it. But I believe the white wire on the original switch is for the LED. Can’t I just connect that one itself? or do i need to attach a new wire and a new ground?

Thanks guys

Anonymous
    Inactive

bumping because theres been no replies yet and i need some help with this stuff. also adding a fifth item i just noticed

killer101
    Participant

2.) I don’t play much NES roms, but maybe you have to live with that. It’s emulation an some things will never be perfect. Just a suggestion!

4.) Disable the OSD switch somewhere in the retroarch.cfg!

5.) As the Pi has no bios or backup battery, no! But I think there is one available for purchase?!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks killer101 for the info. Ill try out the OSD switch this weekend. I am not the smartest at this kind of stuff and am just teaching myself it as I go, but at least now I have a starting point :)

I’ve also now added a 6th question regarding a power LED for anyone whos attempted to use the original NES power buttons

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys, killer101 helped me out a bit, and messing with the audio samplerate seems to have fixed the sound issue I was having, but the other issues I’m still at a loss for. Can anyone give me a hand?

rdhanded2
    Participant

Question 6

Here is how I wired my circuit. I did not use the white wire at all. it is the led ground wire if I remember right but there is no power wire you can use so I added my own wires directly from the LED to make it simpler and cleaner.

rdhanded2
    Participant

Here is how I wired the LED separate from the switch wires and just cut the white wire. It is the ground but I wanted to have separate ones ran off the led legs that I could attach to my pi.

rdhanded2
    Participant

Question 3

I use the following splash screen script

sudo nano /etc/init.d/asplashscreen

then erase what is there and add:

#! /bin/sh
    ### BEGIN INIT INFO
    # Provides: asplashscreen
    # Required-Start:
    # Required-Stop:
    # Should-Start:
    # Default-Start: S
    # Default-Stop:
    # Short-Description: Show custom splashscreen
    # Description: Show custom splashscreen
    ### END INIT INFO

do_start () {

/usr/bin/fbi -T 1 -noverbose -a /home/pi/Splash/Splash.png
    exit 0
    }

case “$1″ in
    start|””)
    do_start
    ;;
    restart|reload|force-reload)
    echo “Error: argument ‘$1’ not supported” >&2
    exit 3
    ;;
    stop)
    # No-op
    ;;
    status)
    exit 0
    ;;
    *)
    echo “Usage: asplashscreen [start|stop]” >&2
    exit 3
    ;;
    esac

:

This removes all code that runs when booting and selecting/exiting games. the only draw back is if you f4 out of emulation station you can not see the script unless you putty in. I work around this by keeping the original script saved on my pc as a text doc and I replace it when I need to mess around with code. Then when I am done I just replace that with the above script again. Also, this script allows me to add a splash folder at home/pi/Splash/ and add whatever splash pic I want to there. Then just name it Splash.png.

You will also need to edit your /boot/cmdline.txt file:
    sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt
    Add quiet to the end of the line. It will look something like this:

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait quiet

Make sure that is all on one line.

While you are there, if you want to remove the raspberry pi image that shows when you start your pi just add
    logo.nologo

to the line as well so it will look like:
    dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait logo.nologo quiet

Anonymous
    Inactive

THANK YOU rdhanded2! Those both help so much, and the code removal works perfectly! Thank you thank you thank you!

I’m still hoping someone on here has an answer for the second controller issue, as I have been messages by other people having the same issue :S

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.