Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Joystick launches RP config menus at specific times, make it stoooop!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jdroberto
    Participant

Hey there. Just finishing a MAME specific bartop cabinet. I have 5 buttons and 1 joystick that control everything and it works very well.

However, when I am in Emulation Station and I select a game – as the ROM is launching, if I move the joystick left (or, more to the point, when my kids do) the ROM stops loading and a configuration screen pops up. Its the menu that includes:

Select default emulator for MameAdv
    Select default emulator for ROM

etc etc

I am wondering if there’s a way to suppress this menu or remap the launch of it to another key that is currently not triggered by the joystick.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

if you want to quickly disable joystick control for that you can remove the file /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/joy2key.py (Note it will get re-installed when updating etc)

jdroberto
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Will removing this file have an effect on how the joystick functions within Emulation Station (ie navigating and selecting games) or withtin the games themselves (go forward, back, etc etc) ?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

nope.

jdroberto
    Participant

Okay, I’ll try that now. Any way to take this file out of the mix without deleting it — in case I need to restore it for any reason? Could I just rename it? (linux newb,sorry)

herbfargus

Renaming it would be fine. You can just add a .bak to the filename

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.