Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    t0k3n98
    Participant

Ok so when I try to run joyconfig for any controller now it detects the keyboard as a controller instead of my gamepad. Is there any way to remedy this situation?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have you tried manually editing retroarch.cfg using the button values from es_input.cfg?

t0k3n98
    Participant

Holy crap! Why didn’t I think of that I will give it a try!

Edit:I have no idea where to even begin with adding the values

Anonymous
    Inactive

Try sudo nano /RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg (not actually sure this path is just right off the top of my head). You can also open it up in x by typing “startx” and opening the file manager.

Scroll to the bottom. Look for input_player1_joypad_index = “0″ Copy everything beneath it and paste it. In the copied set, change all instances of “player1” to “player2,” set “joypad_index = “1,” and put in the correct values for this controller!

Hope this helps!

Mutex
    Participant

Please stop using sudo for accessing all files. Using sudo in this way can be very dangerous.
    Files in your home-directory shouldn’t require root rights to be accessible. If there’s a file that does require it, something is terribly wrong.

If you have to use sudo to access a file, it normally means that you can break your system (or atleast a part of your) if you’re doing something wrong. So always be sure about your changes if your system asks you for a root password.

About the gamepads:
    Does your RPi register that there’s a gamepad connected via USB? You can check all USB-devices with lsusb.
    Replug your gamepad while your RPi is running. After that check if dmesg has any useful information for you.

t0k3n98
    Participant

When I use lsusb I have on controller that is blank and works in both Emulationstaion and inside RetroArch. The other is called DragonRise Inc. Gamepad and it works in Emulationstation but when I try to configure it to Retroarch no matter what I do joyconfig will find my keyboard before it finds DragonRise and I don’t know how to switch priority to make it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.