Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    CamCroz99
    Participant

I want to do this project as a gift and the only Pi I can find anywhere is the B+ model. Am I correct to assume that it will work fine? Are there any known issues with this model?

Thanks

buzzertnl
    Participant

Nope the B+ works perfect. It is acctualy the best model to get (best powermangement, more GPIO headers, micro-sd, more usb ports)

RetroMarine
    Participant

You’ll have issues if you’re using an older retropie image. To fix just do a sudo rpi-update so the Ethernet will be detected

CamCroz99
    Participant

[quote=83693]You’ll have issues if you’re using an older retropie image. To fix just do a sudo rpi-update so the Ethernet will be detected[/quote]

I downloaded the 2.3 version. Will it have this issue?

RetroMarine
    Participant

I doubt it

RetroMarine
    Participant

I had to use a model b to do the update on the card, then after the update, insert the card into my b+ and change the config.txt in /boot to uncomment hdmi_hotplug. It was the only way for the b+ to show up on my tv…they use less power, so the hdmi signal was too weak. Total pain in the ass, but I prefer retropie image 1.9.1.

CamCroz99
    Participant

I had to use a model b to do the update on the card, then after the update, insert the card into my b+ and change the config.txt in /boot to uncomment hdmi_hotplug. It was the only way for the b+ to show up on my tv…they use less power, so the hdmi signal was too weak. Total pain in the ass, but I prefer retropie image 1.9.1.

If I just flash the latest image I should be fine, right? I don’t have a B so that isn’t an option for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V

buzzertnl
    Participant

2.3 worked out of the box for me on my B+

CamCroz99
    Participant

[quote=83703]2.3 worked out of the box for me on my B+[/quote]
    Do you have a WiFi adapter attached to your Pi? I have the Edimax EW-7811Un and can’t seem to get it to work.

thiemok
    Participant

I’ve got the same setup. Works fine, but overclocking was a pain.

CamCroz99
    Participant

[quote=83828]I’ve got the same setup. Works fine, but overclocking was a pain.[/quote]
    I got it working. Overclocking worked fine on mine without an issue. Now I have to figure out how to get my controller to work in the emulators. The command:

cd RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
    ./retroarch-joyconfig >> ~/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

Never works. It always says that it can’t open the joystick.

thiemok
    Participant

Which controller are you using?

CamCroz99
    Participant

I am using two USB snes controllers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.