Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Issues with PS3 controller via USB – No Roms working

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jastone
    Participant

Hey guys,

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 2 and am having issues getting Retropie setup to play games properly.

I have followed a few guides to install Retropie 3.0 (Beta) and that all seems to be running OK. After that, I was able to get my ps3 controller (via USB cord) to respond to menus etc. I also transferred some roms to the device (a few sega and snes games).

The main problem occurs when I try to load any game. I get a black screen and in text along the bottom it usually says something like “Joypad port #0 (Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver)) configured.” It stays on that screen for about 30 seconds then blacks out. This message used to say PS3 controller however it has changed since I started mucking around with the settings. I tried to get my xbox 360 controller to work but apparently that doesn’t work without a proper USB cable (I only have the plug and charge cable).

I think I have messed up somewhere along the way when setting up my controllers.

Any ideas guys? I’ve been searching online and nothing has helped.

Thanks,

Jastone

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.