Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Issue with SNES USB controller default controls.

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tazz131
    Participant

Hello,

Not sure if this should be posted here or to the Control Config forum, but I’m new to Retropie, so I thought I’d start here.

I’m running Retropie 3.5 on a RPi 1. I’m super new with it, and trying to get things sorted.

I’ve got multiple controllers configured with Emulation Station – NES USB, Xbox controller, SNES USB, and a Logitech controller.

They all function as they should.

The only issue I seem to have is with my SNES emulators and my SNES RetroLink USB controller. None of the emulators use the correct “default” configuration found here: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration

For example: If I use SNES9X and hit start…This exits the ROM (same behaviour as ster + select).

If I use a different emluator they all have a variety of results…Buttons are switched depending on the emulator used.

There isn’t an emulator that outputs the appropriate default button presses.

I’ve been looking into some tutorials on controller configs, but I’m not able to find out exactly where to go and what to do…

My understanding is I need to reconfigure my controller in Retroarch, specifically the SNES configuration…However, I’m not sure what the id values on my buttons are, and I don’t quite know where to get them.

Would love some support.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.