Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Issue with PGM games

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    katsudoro
    Participant

Hi, I have a raspberry PI model 2b, I setup lr-fba next with plenty of games and they are all working except the ones for the PGM, the Poly Games Master system. I read somewhere else in the forum that they are supposed to work, however so far I didn’t have any luck. I converted my romset to 0.161 and I have the pgm.zip file with the bios in my roms folder, however when I try to launch one of those games I have a black screen and the retropie goes back to the select screen. Any idea on what to do? Do I need another additional file?
    Thanks

repuken2
    Participant

I have it working perfectly, even Demon Front, you must have something wrong with your roms. When you run the game and the console shows up hit a or b button and a menu shows up, choose second option wich is for select emulator for that rom in particular, maybe choosing another fba version? retropie comes with 3 fba versions, lr-fba-next is what i find more friendly with newer romset and specially pgm. Good luck!

katsudoro
    Participant

Thanks for answering. I am using lr-fba-next, it’s weird because all the other games (cps2, cps3, neogeo) play fine. I am guessing I have the wrong pgm romset? Would you be so kind to tell me what romset do you have for the pgm and the exact name of the rom files you are running? thanks again.

herbfargus
    katsudoro
    Participant

[quote=111335]Did you rebuild any of your romsets?
    [/quote]

Yes, here are the steps I do before adding a game to my retropie: grab the rom from my main romset on my desktop PC, use clrmamepro and the lr-fba-next .DAT file to generate a compatible rom for the retropie and then I transfer it on the SD card. Maybe I should grab the rom from a different source and go through all the steps and see what happens. I’ll do it as soon as I get home.

herbfargus

Yeah try a different set, I’ve also found that building from a full set yields better results than from just one or a few roms due to the whole parent clone thing, it can be a bit tedious.

katsudoro
    Participant

ok this is driving me crazy. I downloaded a complete new romset (51gb) for mame 0.161 which is exactly the same romset that lr-fba-next uses. It should work fine once I place all the roms in the fba folder but I still have the same problem. I even tried to rebuild the roms with a 0.161 dat file (which obviously gave me back an exact copy of the rom files) and it still doesn’t work. Do you have any idea how I can fix this? the files that I use are:
    pgm.zip
    dmnfrnt.zip
    svg.zip
    martmast.zip
    I also tried putting in the roms/fba/ folder all the clone roms (dmnfrnta.zip, dmnfrntb.zip etc) but no results.
    Every other system works fine, neogeo and cps1,2 and 3 games run great, I am only having problems with this one.
    My guess is that the files in the pgm.zip bios for some reasons are wrong. I’ll post a picture of the files in my pgm.zip and in my martmast.zip if any of you can please check them with your working ones it would really be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.