Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fjgonzalez
    Participant

Hi, guys. I recently purchased a 5″ Adafruit display for my portable retropie project, and I’m getting a purple line on the left border of the display. I tried fixing it in the config.txt but couldn’t do it, and I broke something else: now the emulators are bigger than the screen. I even replaced the config.txt I was fiddling with with the backup I had and the emulators are still bigger than the screen.

Any help with this issue is appreciated.

fjgonzalez
    Participant

I was able to solve the emulator scaling issue but the purple line is stubborn and for the life of me I have no clue how to get rid of it. Also, one thing I’ve noticed is that once I go out of an emulator and back into the Emulationstation menu, I get an afterimage of the game burned into the Emulationstation menu. It fades, though, but it’s very noticeable once I get out of the emulator. The burned afterimage also appears on games. Any idea what might be causing that? Faulty display?

phrazelle
    Participant

I was having similar issues with the HDMI 4 Pi 5″ display from Adafruit. It turned out to be the FPC cable being funky. Switching the cable out ceased the issues. Not saying that’s necessarily your issue, but maybe try playing with the cable connecting it to the Pi.

fjgonzalez
    Participant

Thanks.I will try that. Here’s the issue I’m having with the purple line.

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/vi2ulu.jpg[/IMG]

And here’s what’s happening with the afterimage.

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/1zb3v9j.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone know what’s going on?

fjgonzalez
    Participant

Forgot to mention that this is the Adafruit 5″ display with the backpack, so the fpc is already mounted to the pcb.

fjgonzalez
    Participant

Ok, I was able to get rid of the purple line AND the afterimage by commenting hdmi_drive=2, which for some reason I had it uncommented in config.txt. Now the line is gone, the afterimage is gone, but the image looks washed out. No vibrant colors at all. Blacks look gray.

Any idea how to fix that one?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.