Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I have wired original controller ports from a PAL SNES to GPIO Adaptor which i purchased from here and configured both game pads according to instructions I have seen here.

All is fine and I can move around within games etc and play, but I have noticed when I Press the B Button in Donkey Kong Country it registers as both Jump and Right at the same time. I have also noticed playing Mario in NES emulator holding down B it runs and moves right at the same time, pressing Left shoulder button seems to move left acting like left on the dpad this issue is happening on both controllers when playing Aero Fighters so when i press B it moves right and pressing left shoulder it moves left.

So it seems there is something in common whilst pressing the B button in both scenarios.

I was Wondering if anyone else was experiencing this issue and has some pointers that can help me rectify?

As you can appreciate it is crucial when playing these older games that issues like this hinder play-ability.

I have polling for both joyad and buttons set within SNESDEV + Gamecon driver is not installed + have run update Binaries just prior to writing this.

Copy of my game pad section from retroarch.cfg below for reference

input_player1_joypad_index = “0”
    input_player1_b_btn = “1”
    input_player1_y_btn = “3”
    input_player1_select_btn = “6”
    input_player1_start_btn = “7”
    input_player1_up_axis = “-1”
    input_player1_down_axis = “+1”
    input_player1_left_axis = “-0”
    input_player1_right_axis = “+0”
    input_player1_a_btn = “0”
    input_player1_x_btn = “2”
    input_player1_l_btn = “4”
    input_player1_r_btn = “5”

input_player2_joypad_index = “1”
    input_player2_b_btn = “1”
    input_player2_y_btn = “3”
    input_player2_select_btn = “6”
    input_player2_start_btn = “7”
    input_player2_up_axis = “-1”
    input_player2_down_axis = “+1”
    input_player2_left_axis = “-0”
    input_player2_right_axis = “+0”
    input_player2_a_btn = “0”
    input_player2_x_btn = “2”
    input_player2_l_btn = “4”
    input_player2_r_btn = “5”

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “6”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “7”
    input_save_state_btn = “4”
    input_load_state_btn = “5”

djlynk
    Participant

Anyone?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Can you also observe this behavior when you use jstest /dev/input/js0 to test the game pads via command line?
    If not, this is an issue with the emulator configuration.

djlynk
    Participant

I have run jstest on both controllers and no issues apparent with them i.e. when pressing the B button i get on/off with no other button or dpad direction showing as being pressed at the same time.

You mention emulator configuration I do not recall configuring the emulators specifically, I have only run the wizard in ES and Register RetroArch Controller under retropie_setup.sh for JS0 then replicated that in retroarch.cfg located at /opt/retropie/configs/all for JS1.

where would these emulator configs be so I can check?

djlynk
    Participant

I have checked the individual folders and configs listed here /opt/retropie/configs/ and everything is default with no controller configs per emulator.

Do they need to mirror what is configured within retroarch.cfg within /opt/retropie/configs/all?

djlynk
    Participant

I figured it out all working now, I found the below configured in /SNES-to-GamepadDevice.cfg located here /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs

I deleted the below entry’s from the config and all is fine,not sure how that got in there?

input_b_btn = “1”
    input_y_btn = “1”
    input_select_btn = “0”
    input_start_btn = “1”
    input_left_btn = “4”
    input_right_btn = “1”
    input_a_btn = “1”
    input_x_btn = “0”
    input_l_btn = “1”
    input_r_btn = “0”
    input_l2_btn = “2”
    input_r2_btn = “3”
    input_l3_btn = “0”
    input_r3_btn = “0”
    input_l_x_minus_btn = “1”
    input_l_y_minus_btn = “0”
    input_r_x_plus_btn = “1”
    input_r_x_minus_btn = “2”
    input_r_y_plus_btn = “0”
    input_r_y_minus_btn = “3”

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.