Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Is it possible to use a XBox to USB adapter?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    c41cu1470r
    Participant

Hello, I am new to RetroPie and I am still learning about it. I have an Xbox controller (original). If I buy an adapter like this one will it work? I am asking this because I don’t want to spend 10 bucks for nothing and I only saw tutorials on the Xbox360, N64 and PS3 controllers in the wiki. Thanks.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

It works yes.

phychris
    Participant

The xbox controller is already usb ready its realy easy to add a male usb Connector to the end of the cord. just find a usb cable from an old mouse, keyboard or something and some electrical tape, then cut the cordes and match up the colours, thats it.

Note: there will be an extra ‘Yello Wire’ on the xbox controller end, just cut it short as its not needed

Note2: the xbox controller also acts as a 2 port usb hub. with a little soldering inside the controller you can add two usb female ports for other usb devices. an internal USB storage mod would be cool

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.