Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Is it possible to Show IP Adress in Emulationstation?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gizmo
    Participant

Hi all,

is it possible to make a new site in ES that shows the output of ifconfig or shows in another way the IP-Adress in ES? My problem is that i have no keybaord plugged in the RPI and use ES exclusively with my Joypad.

Or is there a possibility to connect to a wifi in ES? That would be the easiest way for me because editing the interfaces file would be hard without keybaord.

I carry my RPI sometimes to my friends to play some games and if i want to upload some new ROMS this would be an easy way to connect it to the local wifi and use the Samba shares.

I also think about to make my RetroPie to an access point, this should be also an easy way, but then i have no internet…

Any ideas?

Greetings

gizmo98
    Participant

The newest script contains something like this. Update the script and install ES-Config and Emulationstation. There should be a menu item under “input Config”.

Instruction:
    ->close emulation station with <F4>
    ->type:

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo git pull
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

->select source based installation
    ->select ES-Config,Emulationstation and (C) Generate config file for Emulation Station
    ->start installation

roquen
    Participant

It would be cool to have a “status” page within emulation-station that displayed network information, MAC address, joystick/USB connections and drivers just for information purposes.

I know ES and RetroPi are different projects, but maybe we can help and add this feature (toggle =on/off in config too of course)

Gizmo
    Participant

[quote=5743]The newest script contains something like this. Update the script and install ES-Config and Emulationstation. There should be a menu item under “input Config”.

Instruction:<br>
    ->close emulation station with <F4><br>
    ->type:

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo git pull
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

->select source based installation<br>
    ->select ES-Config,Emulationstation and (C) Generate config file for Emulation Station<br>
    ->start installation
    [/quote]

That worked fine. Thank you. Now we need a GUI for connect to different wifis :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.