Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Is it possible to add more to the Gamelist.xml?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keigan
    Participant

Hey,

I’m wondering if anyone knows if it’s possible to alter the gamelist.xml to add more to it. For example I’ve made a few custom themes, but I was wondering if there is a way to add another image (or even a few) to the gamelist.xml let’s say to show screen shots or something.

I’m trying to alter my set up on Windows, and will then transfer to my Pi when I get everything the way I like. I’ve posted a few times in the Themes section with some question, I’m assuming no one can answer, but hopefully someone can lead me in the proper direction on this one.

Thanks!

proxycell
    Participant

that file is likely being parsed/read by emulationstation

sselph
    Participant

From what I can tell by reading the EmulationStation code, any extra information you add would not be parsed by ES so I don’t think would be available to any theme. It iterates over the expected list of attributes and gets the value from the XML or uses a default value if it doesn’t exist.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.