Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project IPAC2 Issues in Emulation Station

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    themarin8r
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I have done extensive searches on here and the internet, and have not been able to find a solution that works for me. I am using an IPAC2 usb controller to make arcade controls for my Raspberry Pi, and using RetroPie as my front end. I have tried changing many configuration files as others have suggested (RetroArch.cfg), and for some reason cannot get the IPAC2 to control anything within emulation station. The keyboard works fine. I have even re-installed Retro-Pie from scratch with no results. The IPAC2 works on the command line, and within the Raspberry Pi OS. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it is getting increasingly frustrating. Thanks

chdez77076
    Participant

Im having the same problem.

themarin8r
    Participant

What version are you running? I am running RetorPie 2.3.

chdez77076
    Participant

im running the 2.4.2 BETA. I upgraded in hoping that it would fix the issue but no luck

Floob

Do these help?

http://emulationstation.org/gettingstarted.html
    NOTE: if you don’t install libudev-dev before building SDL2, the keyboard will mysteriously not work in EmulationStation.

https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation
    Hold a button on the device you want to configure. This includes the keyboard.

Does it work if you simply plug a normal keyboard in?

themarin8r
    Participant

Regular Keyboard works 100% in Emulation Station, which is what makes it odd

chdez77076
    Participant

Yeah the keyboard works if you plug it in.
    I think it may be uncompatible or something with emulationstation and retroarch because it works perfectly fine with mame,gba,and fba.

Roo
    Participant

I can’t say specifically about the iPac 2, but my iPac Mini is working perfectly to control ES, MAME, NES, SNES, GBA and Sega Genesis in RetroPie 2.4.2 SD card image. They all run the same keyboard encoder, no?

What problem are you having exactly? Can you hold down one of your pushbuttons to start the ES config? Have you tried unplugging all other keyboards and USB devices to test?

Maybe a firmware upgrade? http://www.ultimarc.com/fwupgrade.html

themarin8r
    Participant

Thanks for the help everyone
    I was just able to upgrade the firmware after I got home from work, and that did the trick. I didn’t even think of the firmware since I just got this board last week, but lo and behold there was an update (1.21 to 1.22)
    Thanks for your help!

chdez77076
    Participant

Wow thanks indeed!! I was in the exact situation as you.
    got mine last week too! Finally finished my project!

ghog45
    Participant

I have a question I did a firmware upgrade on my Ultimarc I pac and now the green light will not come one and the computer will not pic up the usb. I am very new to this please help. I could not figure out how to start a new topic so please help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.