Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sillygoat
    Participant

Hello, recently I have been trying to get my IPac 2 to work with my Raspberry pi 1 Model B. I am running the latest software and am having some problems.
    My main problem is configuring the IPac. As you may know, this is a small device that turns inputs into keyboard signals. I have 2 joysticks and 14 buttons in total. My problem is that I cannot use some of the buttons (like h, which is reset) because they are set as keys to do certain functions in retroarch. I have attempted changing the config for retroarch inside an emulator using F1 to no avail. I have even gone into the config file and deleted the button key after the function (eg deleting the “h” after the reset part) which didn’t work either.
    If there is a way to remove these functions please tell me. I have heard of changing the IPac setting so that it acts like a controller instead of a keyboard although I have no idea how to do this.
    Any and all help is much appreciated.

Floob

Set the values to nul
    So in the config file, instead of the function being … = h update it so its … = nul

sillygoat
    Participant

thanks for the reply, but reset and other buttons are still activated :/
    is there a way to just delete the hotkeys entirely? the only one i actually need is the exit emulator button combo

Floob

Post your /all/retroarch.cfg up at pastebin.com
    I’m fairly sure you need to set them to not work, otherwise the default will be active.

You can see my approach here:

sillygoat
    Participant

How can I copy all of my config? Do I have to manually type it all in?

Floob

Just use the samba share, or FTP to get the file then copy the contents to pastebin.com

Did you watch the video from about 35:40 in?

sillygoat
    Participant

Thanks so much for the video, it should help a lot! I’ll try it out tomorrow when I have time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.