Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi
    First time posting here, but I’m making a basic arcade cabinet and using the ipac 2 to run the controls. I’m only making a 1 player currently and thinking of making a bigger one later.

My question is, is there a way to change which button accesses escape in the config file? I have no way, hooking it up normally, to use the esc key to exit the games. How do I get around that? Maybe add a hot key function? Or will i need to hook player 1 and 2 to use the original escape function?

Thanks.

chrishoppybot
    Participant

Hi Cameron,

I have just started a build and am struggling to find out how to register keyboard buttons as the controller for the games.

Can you put me in the right direction please?

Chris

cameronphillips09
    Participant

The way I found easiest is to use a program (winscp) and ssh into the pi so you can see all your directories. I found it a lot easier because I was new to command line.

If you do it this way, from what I remember, go into folder etc, followed by retropie, then I believe it’s retroarch that gives you access to the retroarch.conf file.

I haven’t done this for a while, but I believe those are the folders you want to access.

I will add an update tonight after I look at my pi to refresh my memory

Cam

chrishoppybot
    Participant

Thank you for the reply Cam, but I had a dabble and figured it out.

I found the retroarche.cfg file, copied it to my PC and then edited it via notepad++. Then simply uploaded it via SFTP.

weaz
    Participant

[quote=93195]Thank you for the reply Cam, but I had a dabble and figured it out.

I found the retroarche.cfg file, copied it to my PC and then edited it via notepad++. Then simply uploaded it via SFTP.
    [/quote]

Could you please share those files? I am having a hell of a time getting my ipac2 to work!

chdez77076
    Participant

I had trouble with my ipac at first too..

Ultimarc has a program to change which keyboard key is assigned to which button.
    http://www.ultimarc.com/winipacv2.html
    You can download the program and the updated firmware here. http://www.ultimarc.com/download.html

Hopefully that helps!

chdez77076
    Participant

After that just edit the retroarch.cfg file for each emulator and your good to go!

weaz
    Participant

Thx! Can you possibly elaborate on how to edit that file. This is all new to me

chdez77076
    Participant

Check out floobs or herbfargus videos on YouTube.
    They do a great job explaining this!
    Cant upload at link since this is a work computer and YouTube is blocked or else i would.

weaz
    Participant

I have viewed some by floobs, but I guess not the right one. I will look again.

Thx for the help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.