Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Intellivision xbox 360 wireless setup

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    johndoe0336
    Participant

I am trying to figure out how to get Intellivision to work with my xbox 360 wireless remote. I have been searching the forum with no luck.. I have a pi 3 running 3.6 retropie. I am also new to this so the more explanation the better.

dudleydes
    Participant

I’ve written a tutorial how to configure a game controller in jzintv in the post below.

https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/intellivision-retropie-3-4-bios/#post-102165

The links seem to be down in that post so I have included the required files in the attached zip.

The method makes use of shell scripts to launch games so before you start, you need to edit es_systems.cfg. The best way to do this is to copy the file from /etc/emulationstation to /home/pi/.emulationstation. Now edit the permitted extensions to only include shell scripts, .sh, so that the Intellivision entry reads as below:

<system>
        <name>intellivision</name>
        <fullname>Intellivision</fullname>
        <path>~/RetroPie/roms/intellivision</path>
        <extension>.sh .SH</extension>
        <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ intellivision %ROM%</command>
        <platform>intellivision</platform>
        <theme>intellivision</theme>
      </system>

To make sure that the shell scripts launch, you will need to edit /opt/retropie/configs/intellivision/emulators.cfg to the following:

jzintv="%ROM%"
    default="jzintv"

Now add event_diag.rom and Event Diag.sh to the Intellivions roms folder, restart ES with F4 and you are now ready to begin the tutorial.

Let me know if you need further guidance.

johndoe0336
    Participant

Thank you I will give it a try I am really new at this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.