Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Installation Failures of Experimental Emulators

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    xmmer
    Participant

I can’t seem to successfully install either mame2010 or DeSmuME, and was wondering if it was just a problem with my setup or a larger issue. Error messages follow. I have a Pi 2 and RetroPie 3.1 (possibly updated to 3.2??? if the setup script + binary install updates the system) installed through berryboot.

I realize that berryboot could be a potential problem in this instance but it’s not optional for me; I have no intention of wearing out yet another cheap spring-loaded SD slot through card switching.

Error messages:
    mame2010: mame2010_libretro.so not found
    (the CLI goes by too fast to get anything specific; this is from the post-install blue menu so it’s probably not useful)
    DesMuME: recipe for target src/GPU.o failed (from CLI)
    (with a few pages of “invalid use of ‘this’ in non-member function”)

PPSSPP, Reicast, 4DO and pcsx-rearmed all seemed to install and function correctly.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

there are full logs in RetroPie-Setup/logs folder (gzipped) which I would need to see to advise.

xmmer
    Participant

Sorry, I pulled one once before and it was a 0kb archive, so I assumed it wasn’t writing log files correctly. About half of the archives have no log data, which is probably something different altogether. Anyway, I’ve attached the two specific to my case.

Thank you for your time!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

aah, mame2010 didn’t work as libretro have just been changing stuff around I see (renamed the makefile). I need to update the script.

I assume desmume is broken due to upstream changes also – I’ll need to check further. You got unlucky with your timing sorry.

mame2010 isn’t particularly useful really on the rpi, unless there is a specific older game it supports that earlier versions don’t. It is significantly slower than earlier versions (as mame is built for accuracy not performance)

xmmer
    Participant

Ah, okay – thanks for looking into it! I think you actually answered a long-standing question I had about using older MAME builds; original XBOX emulation had older builds (probably wii MAME, too) and I never understood why before today. I was really just interested in seeing if I could get digitized 90’s fighting games to work, which I’ll assume for now is a hard ‘no’.

Thanks again.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

can you name a specific game ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.