Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pedrolefty
    Participant

just wanted to know if theres a way to install my own emulator that retropie doesnt have like the celecovision one

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

This is possible.

However, you’d have to manually add and configure:
    -the emulator config folder
    -the ROM folder
    -the EmulationStation config (this involves editing es_systems.cfg to include a section for your new emulator)

First, though, try using RetroPie-Setup and see if the emulator you want is available. It may be that the developer has already set this up but hasn’t added it to the main image. Try the experimental section.

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
    pedrolefty
    Participant

thanks ill try that now

pedrolefty
    Participant

nope wasnt on there and im not sure how to add my own so i guess im out of luck

taalas
    Participant

Which emulator are you trying to install, do you have a version that runs on a Raspberry Pi and what kind of RetroPie are you using (did you install using the script, the SD image, did you update anything to the latest version yet?)

pedrolefty
    Participant

i have the latest retropie 2.6 i installed it using the script i followed the direction on https://supernintendopi.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/an-a-to-z-beginners-guide-to-installing-retropie-on-a-raspberry-pi/ the emulator that im trying to get is one for the celecovision

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.