Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie input_player1_r_axis – use axis as button?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    htpzc
    Participant

Hello,
    first of all, thank you for the realy good improvements which have been done in the last 1,5 years i am using retropie.
    Nearly all of my problems have been solved since i used version 2.x on RPi1b. Thank you very much.

But there is one problem which i got now with version 3.5 and my RPi2.

I got two controllers: Microsoft X-Box pad (Japan) and Zeroplus Xbox Controller
    Both are Controllers from an old XBOX which are plugged in with an Mayflash USB Adapter (Super Joy Box 11). They work without any problems since i am using retropie. Perfect.

But now when i tested with the actual version, the button for Left and right are recognized as an Axis Button, which is not realy false but is causing my problem i think. This is the config for that: (i can also use +2 or +5 but the same problem)
    input_player1_l_axis = -2
    input_player1_r_axis = -5

The problem is, as this is an axis, when i use it in games or in ES I press the button and it shoots multiple times (because it is analog!?)
    In an old version (2.x) i know, i didnt have that problem. i just could scroll one page up or down without any problem. but know it jumps 3,4,5,6 … pages when i press it once.

Anybody has an idea how i can solve this? Can i tell the system to use the axis as a button or … ?

Thank you very much.

herbfargus
    htpzc
    Participant

The Controller is not from XBox 360. It is from the first XBox before the 360.
    Are you sure that the driver would function right with my controllers?

Thank you.

herbfargus

Try it and see

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.