Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    taalas
    Participant

Hi,

I know this has been a topic in the past but I still am struggling with this: for all libretro cores that I tried for SNES I get noticable input lag when playing games. I have already:

– tried different gamepads
    – made sure that it is not my TV (other systems have no or much less input lag)
    – tried different combinations of forcing integer scaling and hard GPU sync

Does anyone have a non-lagging SNES emulation and can give me some tips?

gizmo98
    Participant

Disable threaded video.

taalas
    Participant

Will try that, thanks gizmo98

kitchuk
    Participant

[quote=95859]Will try that, thanks gizmo98[/quote]

Are you using a Samsung Smart TV? f so, select the inputs and remain the Pi’s HDMI source to PC. This should also improve any input lag you have. To be honest this would work with most TV’s. If there inst a PC mode look for a Game Mode.

taalas
    Participant

Hi kitchuk,

thanks for your answer. Not to sound harsh but as I said I have made sure, that it is not my TV producing the lag. Other cores and Limelight in particular show no (noticable) input lag at all.

kitchuk
    Participant

[quote=95866]Hi kitchuk,

thanks for your answer. Not to sound harsh but as I said I have made sure, that it is not my TV producing the lag. Other cores and Limelight in particular show no (noticable) input lag at all.
    [/quote]

No problem, but I just thought I’d be sure you knew.

sdbrook
    Participant

I’ve heard this may help:

Open opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
    set “video_hard_sync = true” and make sure it is not commented out.

taalas
    Participant

Hi sdbrook,

thanks for your suggestion. As I stated in the original post I had already tried that though…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.