Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Improve performance of N64 Emulator

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pokeylop
    Participant

Hi, guys,

I’ve found a temporary fix to my previous issue (see “Controller Configuration for RetroArch” in this sub-forum), but the issue is not entirely resolved. But, while messing around with a semi-functional controller, I decided to try running Banjo Kazooie on the N64 Emulator mupen64plus. I managed to fix the segmentation fault issue I had by replacing ‘libmupen64plus.so.0.0’ with the version from 2.2 (see “N64: Segmentation Fault” for details)

The good news is that they actually run… The bad news is that they run pretty poorly, with FPS never breaking 20, let alone 30.

I wanted to know what performance enhancements you’d suggest for running N64 games. I’ve already overclocked my CPU to 1000MHz ARM, 500MHz Core and sdram, overvoltage of 4; I’ve also allocated 384MB of RAM to my GPU. Any other good suggestions?

Thanks. :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.