Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Immediate crash upon save state load or save in lr-beetle-vb

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DavidBowman
    Participant

Hey everyone,

My apologies if this has been covered before. I looked, but didn’t see this problem.

I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3 and RetroPie 3.6 – imaged fresh / no upgrades from old versions. I installed the Virtual Boy emulator from the experimental packages (lr-beetle-vb) and it plays pretty great!

Save files (the normal in-game ones) work fine, but any time I attempt to load or save a state file, it immediately crashes. The save state file is actually created though. I can see it from ssh or through a card reader.

I’ve experimented with changing the hot keys with basically no success. It seems the biggest difference I can force is to get the emulator to just go black screen and hang rather than crash back to EmulationStation.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

herbfargus

upstream bug.

add
    rewind_enable = "false"
    to your system specific config

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/1266

DavidBowman
    Participant

Thank you for the reply, Herb. I appreciate your ongoing support of the project.

I should have mentioned that I tried that already. Unfortunately that doesn’t want to work for me. I tried that setting two ways (with and without quotes):

rewind_enable = "false"

and

rewind_enable = false

Both of those above the #include line. I also verified it was set through the Retroarch menu as well. Rebooted, no change.

It hangs on a black screen until I exit back to EmulationStation.

Did I miss something simple somewhere?

Thanks again.

herbfargus

Did you also change the system folder to the virtualboy rom folder? It might need that too possibly. It worked when I tested it a while ago but it’s possible things may have changed since then. Note that it is in Experimental for a reason ;) and until upstream is sorted there’s not much we can do to fix it.

DavidBowman
    Participant

I did do that as well. I saw your replies on that bug report, so I figured maybe someone may know if I missed something simple. I guess not.

That’s not really a problem, and I definitely understand the beta nature of some of these emulators. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.