Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Imaged a bought pie SD and cant recreate on another SD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lozzajp
    Participant

Hey my brother bought a pi (pretty sure it is a pi 1 B it has 4 USB ports) that came with an SD card preloaded with retropie all up and running and loaded with games.

I have used win32diskimager to create an image of the SD and successfully write it onto another SD card but it will not work in the pi. I get an error along the lines of library not found.

I managed to ethernet the pi to my modem and I can somewhat explore the structure of the rom files, I can successfully copy out roms of the original SD card and they are fine and intact, however I manually copied them from the new imaged SD card and noticed the rom files are all corrupt.

Any help or further troubleshooting tips greatly appreciated! I have ordered my own pi and just want to easily image what the first card already has going so well :)

gutossn
    Participant

It’s very strange, because I make backup of Retropie every change or new configuration done. I use win32 disk image and I never had problems. The SD Card doesn’t have corruption blocks before the backup?

lozzajp
    Participant

How can I check that? Thinking about it windows did complain a bit after the format of said sd.

gutossn
    Participant

You don’t need format the sd card, because the win32 disk image will do it automatically before write the img file to sd card. Try it using another usb port to avoid fails power supply energy.

lozzajp
    Participant

So I’ve bought another SD card and got a laptop with an SD reader and tried re imaging it and putting on new SD and things and I still get the same error.

All the games are listed there but if I load one I will get the error along the lines of library file missing, (libglesv02 or something).

Anonymous
    Inactive

In Windows, klick on the start menu button and typ “cmd” in the search field.
    Right click on the “cmd”-executable and select “Run as administrator”.

When cmd.exe is running, type “chkdsk f: /f /r” and press enter.

In this case f: is the SD-media card reader port on my computer, so make sure which letter you’re running checkdisk on.

Thi will check if your SD-card i messed up, and report back to you.

I have no clue why you’re experiencing this error with a NEW SD-card, but just make sure your SD-card is OK – that’d be the first thing I’d check.

Good luck/ Alucard

lozzajp
    Participant

chkdisk has come up clean so it remains a mystery and probably will forever. I have moved away now and ordered a pi for myself and will start fresh with smithers dual boot image I think. Thanks for all the help guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.